We are an experienced team of planners, urban designers and architects, committed to good placemaking principles.
This is an opportunity to work with our practice supporting innovative projects that are focussed around positive outcomes for local people and places.
We believe that good placemaking is the product of good planning, policy, and design. Our expertise lies in these key areas, and supported by a range of services, we deliver a wide variety of projects for clients across the public, private and third sectors.
We are looking for people who are passionate about the built environment to join our team for a six-week paid internship role in summer 2023.
Whilst it would be beneficial for applicants to have an undergraduate degree or have recently graduated, we are also keen to proactively support applicants from other routes, including recent school leavers seeking to pursue other higher education routes into built environment professions. Please make it clear in your application what qualifications you hold, your educational aspirations, and motivation for applying.
Tibbalds currently have a hybrid working policy in place. Candidates should be able to work from home and in our office, based near Southwark tube station and London Bridge. This is flexible and subject to change.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about design and places;
- Is accurate and thorough in undertaking their work;
- Enjoys working as part of a team and independently;
- Can communicate well with others;
- Is comfortable using MS Office;
- May have traditionally faced barriers to getting work and/or training
- Has knowledge of Adobe CC software and Vectorworks (desired – training will be given if required);
- Is available to work 7 hours a day Monday to Friday, although we would be happy to discuss other arrangements to fit around childcare or other commitments e.g. education or caring responsibilities. Two days of paid leave will be included in the six-week full time role.
- Is available to start the six-week internship from the beginning of July 2023.
- The successful candidate must by the start of their employment have permission to work in the UK.
As an intern you will earn the London Living wage. During the internship you would be an employee of Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design.
To apply, send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com writing “Summer Internship Application 2023” in the subject line.
In your application please tell us about your interests, aspirations, and why you would like to join our team. If you are interested in a design role, please include up to five A3 pages from your portfolio with your application (any more than five pages will not be considered).
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Closing date: 31st March 2023
Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.