Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design is a multi-disciplinary practice of architects, town planners and urban designers based near London Bridge.
We are looking for undergraduates or recent graduates from planning or urban design related degrees to join our team for a six week paid internship role in summer 2019.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about design and places;
- Has the ability to think on their feet;
- Is accurate and thorough in undertaking their work;
- Enjoys working as part of a team and independently;
- Can communicate well with others;
- Is comfortable using MS Office;
- Has knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs and Vectorworks (desired – training will be given if required);
- Is available to work in our office near London Bridge;
- Is available to work 7 hours a day Monday to Friday, although we would be happy to discuss other arrangements to fit around childcare or other commitments e.g. education or caring responsibilities. 2 days of paid leave will be included in the 6-week full time role.
- Is available to start the 6 week internship from 1 July 2019.
This is an opportunity to work with our practice supporting innovative projects that are focussed around positive outcomes for local people and places. Click here to read what a previous intern gained from a placement with Tibbalds, and take a look at their blog posts describing their initial expectations and reflections after the internship came to an end.
As our intern you will earn the London Living wage (currently £10.55 per hour) and have access to the wide range of professional and social programs we have at Tibbalds. During the internship you would be an employee of Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design.
To apply send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com writing “Application for Summer Internship” in the subject line.
Cover letters should include personal information and why you are interested in working for Tibbalds. If you are interested in a design role, please include up to three A3 pages from your portfolio with your application.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Closing date: 1st February 2019